I make iPad apps to help people learn and achieve more. I’m the iOS lead at PSPDFKit.
Reading app: My simple app to save webpages to read later. Eternally in open beta testing. This is my main side project.
Magic Spell: My handy Mac app to check spelling in many files at once. Not actively maintained.
Cambugs: A suite of apps developed with educational psychologists to help teach children to become fluent readers.
KeyboardKit: The easiest way to add comprehensive hardware keyboard control to an iPad or Mac Catalyst app.
- WWDC 2020 and iOS 14
- Level Up Your Trackpad Support Using UIInteraction
- Localisation using Apple’s glossaries
- Making the most of remote work
- Improving iOS menus by putting icons on the left with swizzling
- Page Up, Page Down, Home and End in Catalyst apps
- Presentation controllers and adaptive presentations
- Open Links in Safari, Not Safari View Controller
- Self-sizing table view cells in practice
- Smart grid sizing
- Why I made Magic Spell
- My favourite games of 2015
- My favourite games of 2013
- Keyboard control in UIKit apps (NSLondon Q1 2019, AltConf San Jose 2019, iOS Conf SG 2020 and the iPhreaks podcast)
- Beyond size classes: Making better use of large screens (iOSDevUK 2019)
- Improving user experience with Apple Pencil (AltConf San Jose 2018)