I make apps to help people learn and achieve more. I’m the iOS team lead at PSPDFKit and an organiser of the NSLondon meetup.
I’ve worked fully remotely since 2015 and spent time as a digital nomad, but these days I don’t fly and instead base myself where I can go skiing, ice skating or wakeboarding.
If you like, you can follow me.
Reading app: My simple app to save webpages to read later. The comfortable reading experience is paramount. This is my main side project.
Magic Spell: My handy Mac app to check spelling in many files at once. Not actively maintained.
Cambugs: A suite of apps developed with educational psychologists to help teach children to become fluent readers.
- Conditional compilation for Apple’s yearly updates
- NSPredicate: an old API with new surprises
- The case for lists in
- Level up your trackpad support using
- Localisation using Apple’s glossaries
- Page Up, Page Down, Home and End in Catalyst apps
- Open links in Safari, not Safari view controller
- Presentation controllers and adaptive presentations
See all articles in the archive.
- Keyboard control in UIKit apps (NSLondon Q1 2019, AltConf San Jose 2019, iOS Conf SG 2020 and the iPhreaks podcast)
- Beyond size classes: Making better use of large screens (iOSDevUK 2019)
- Improving user experience with Apple Pencil (AltConf San Jose 2018)
Updates and contact