I make apps to help people learn and achieve more. I work at PSPDFKit from wherever in the world I want to be. (Of course, right now that’s at home.)
Reading app: My iPad and iPhone app to save webpages to read. Currently in open beta testing. This is my main side project.
Magic Spell: My Mac app to check spelling in many files at once. Not actively maintained.
Jamie Oliver’s Recipes: A cooking app for iPad and iPhone. This was our main app at Zolmo, where I worked until 2015.
Touchfit: Georges St-Pierre: An iPhone fitness app from the exciting iOS 6 era of mobile design. This was our other app at Zolmo.
KeyboardKit: A framework that makes it easy to add hardware keyboard control to iOS and Mac Catalyst apps.
DynamicButtonStack: A view for UIKit apps that dynamically lays out a collection of buttons in either a column or a row to suit the button content and the available space.
- WWDC 2020 and iOS 14
- Level Up Your Trackpad Support Using UIInteraction
- DynamicButtonStack: Motivation and design details
- Improving iOS menus by putting icons on the left with swizzling
- Localisation using Apple’s glossaries
- Making the most of remote work
- Page Up, Page Down, Home and End in Catalyst apps
- Presentation controllers and adaptive presentations
- Open Links in Safari, Not Safari View Controller
- Self-sizing table view cells in practice
- Smart grid sizing
- Why I made Magic Spell
- My favourite games of 2015
- My favourite games of 2013
- Keyboard control in UIKit apps (NSLondon Q1 2019, AltConf San Jose 2019, iOS Conf SG 2020 and the iPhreaks podcast)
- Beyond size classes: Making better use of large screens (iOSDevUK 2019)
- Improving user experience with Apple Pencil (AltConf San Jose 2018)