I make iPad apps to help people learn and achieve more. I’m the iOS team lead at PSPDFKit and an organiser of the NSLondon meetup.
I’ve worked fully remotely since 2015 and spent time as a digital nomad, but these days I prefer not to travel so much and instead base myself where I can go skiing, ice skating or kitesurfing.
If you like, you can follow me.
Reading app: My simple app to save webpages to read later. Eternally in open beta testing. This is my main side project.
PDF Viewer: A powerful app to read, search, and annotate PDF documents. I make this with my teammates at PSPDFKit.
Magic Spell: My handy Mac app to check spelling in many files at once. Not actively maintained.
Cambugs: A suite of apps developed with educational psychologists to help teach children to become fluent readers.
KeyboardKit: The easiest way to add comprehensive hardware keyboard control to an iPad or Mac Catalyst app. Read more: What’s New in KeyboardKit for iOS 14?
DynamicButtonStack: A UIKit view that lays out buttons in either a column or a row to suit the available space. Read more: Motivation and design details.
- NSPredicate: an old API with new surprises
- The Case for Lists in UICollectionView
- Level Up Your Trackpad Support Using UIInteraction
- Localisation using Apple’s glossaries
- Page Up, Page Down, Home and End in Catalyst apps
- Open Links in Safari, Not Safari View Controller
- Presentation controllers and adaptive presentations
You can see all my articles in the archive.
- Keyboard control in UIKit apps (NSLondon Q1 2019, AltConf San Jose 2019, iOS Conf SG 2020 and the iPhreaks podcast)
- Beyond size classes: Making better use of large screens (iOSDevUK 2019)
- Improving user experience with Apple Pencil (AltConf San Jose 2018)
Updates and contact